My sister, Jennifer, and her 2 daughters came into town last Thursday and stayed until Sunday. It was so great to have them here and Hudson loved constantly having someone to play with (which gives me hope for when baby girl arrives). Even though my sister is only 3 hours away, it's still far enough to make me sad that we aren't living close enough to raise our kids together on a daily bases. So, I'll take what I can get!! Here's our weekend in a nutshell (insert Mike Meyers as Austin Powers pretending to be in a "nutshell" here, pause for a quick laugh).
Ryan reading bedtime story to Ellie, Alexie, and Hudson
Saturday was gorgeous so we went to the Zoo. It was Hudson's first Zoo trip and I was so excited to take him. I knew he would love seeing all the animals since he can't get enough of looking at them in his books. My sister in law and her 2 boys joined us as well as my mom. I was worried that Hudson wouldn't be able to see the animals, but as we strolled around he kept pointing and saying "Doggy". No, there aren't any doggies at our Zoo, but at least I was assured that he was in fact seeing the animals! Pushing the double stroller will take some getting used to, I'm glad I already have it to practice. Here are shots of our "animals".
Hudson, Cole, Ellie, Jack, and Alexie. Fun times with cousins at the Zoo! Hudson loved having someone sit next to him in the double stroller and kept looking over to see who was there.

2 comments:
I'm still drooling over the ice cream cake! Looks like you had a fun weekend!! I hope Ryan and Caitlin get some cousins soon!!
How FUN! I look forward to the day my brother or sister produces some cousins for my kids! It was great to see photos of your sister...what's it been? About 13 years?
Post a Comment