My due date has come and gone with no sign of Baby Girl. Yesterday morning I was really uncomfortable and crampy and she had stopped moving around, so I headed to the hospital just to make sure she was ok in there. After being on the monitor for about 10 minutes, I was able to get 8 kick counts, had 1 contraction, and her heart beat looked great. Feeling somewhat better, although frustrated that I wasn't actually in labor, I headed home.
I had my scheduled 40 week appointment today, I have made no progress since my last appointment, still 50% effaced and 3 cm dilated. My doctor and I went over the options of what to do at this point in terms of inducing. I had just figured we would induce with a Foley Balloon like we did with Hudson since it worked like a charm and put me into labor on it's own. Ryan and I had already decided we would have that done on Tuesday when she was 5 days late. My heart dropped however when my dr. told me that wasn't an option for induction at this point because I'm already 3cm dilated, the balloon would just fall out. We still scheduled the induction for Tuesday before I left her office with the plan being to break my water in the morning, then start pitocin. I called Ryan sobbing as this was not what I wanted AT ALL. After talking to my rational hubby, we decided that we weren't going to induce Tuesday.
My dr. called me shortly after to tell me that nothing was open Tuesday and she scheduled the induction for Friday, putting me on the waiting list for Tuesday. I told her that she didn't need to put me on the waiting list and just leave the Friday induction. She doesn't see any immediate need to induce, but doesn't want me to go past next Friday. She also knows that I am trying to go drugless again this labor and we worked out a plan that I am feeling WAY better about.
So, here's the NEW plan: If Baby Girl doesn't come on her own by Monday afternoon, I am going to have my membranes stripped. If that doesn't put me into labor, we wait until Friday. I will be going in Friday to have her break my water. She will wait 2 hours before starting a light dose of pitocin if breaking my water alone hasn't put me into labor. As soon as my contractions are consistent, she will stop the pitocin so that I can hopefully have a drug free labor like with Hudson. I'm really happy with the way my dr. is handling the situation and listening to my needs and wishes. It makes me feel good to know that there are still OB's out there that will listen to what your birth plan actually is and try to help you achieve that.
In the meantime, my sister is coming into town tonight. Her plan is to have this baby out by Sunday. On the agenda, lots of walking, her spicy noodle dish for lunch tomorrow, foot massages & pedi's. Ryan has also been called into the task force to "do" his part ;) I'm calling on all of you to send prayers, good vibes, positive thinking, or whatever it is that you believe in to help me get this little girl out on her own!!

6 comments:
Oh Hil, hang in there! I'll be praying for you and baby girl!!
Good job figuring out what YOU want for this birth and sticking to that. It sounds like you have a good Dr. I will be praying for you for sure.
Oh Man! Come on Baby "C" come OUT we wanna see your gorgeous face! The longest I've gone over was 12 days past my due date with Spencer (I round up and say 2 weeks)and so I feel for you Hil! It's so hard!! Good for you though for going after what you want. I'm super impressed! Can't wait to hear if Jen (and Ryan's, lol) efforts work this weekend!
But wow do you ever look fabulous. ALL baby! I totally hate you cause I know that belly will go right back to looking all toned and perfect in a matter of weeks after Baby C is here. You're so stinkin' cute...
Good luck!!!
Good luck, I am sending you good vibes that baby girl will be out by the end of the weekend. Keep us posted :)
Hil you look beautiful as always! I'm praying for you that she comes out soon, quick and painless! I'm so proud of you for sticking to your guns and making sure that you get what you want with your birth plan. That doesn't happen often, especially when your're overdue..
Miss and love you and I'm looking forward to hearing the big news! Come on baby girl, we all really want to meet you!!!
wish you all the best this week... induction sucks! so i hope she comes all by herself in the middle of the night...
love those plaques... i see a business there...i'll blog about it if she wants... i've actually started to get a following :)
Post a Comment