I should start by saying this, my husband is not romantic AT ALL and not a planner. I knew however Ryan had planned something for our 5 year anniversary months ago and was keeping it a surprise. He had me write my mom a check for "something" nearly 9 months ago and every so often I would ask them what it was for. Both stuck to the same story of "it's to pay off a gambling debt to my dad". I couldn't break either of them and just tried to be patient. All Ryan would tell me was that the day after our anniversary we would be going to lunch and he had arranged for my mom to watch Hudson. Our anniversary finally came and I'm glad that I was patient and surprised. Ryan had rented out the Lake Union Crew, the spot where we got married, and we had a picnic lunch on the balcony overlooking the dock where we exchanged our vows. Are you kidding me?!?! I'm shocked I managed to hold it together and not cry. I know if I started crying, I probably wouldn't have stopped since I'm still so hormonal! During our lunch we talked about the last 7 years of our relationship, the last 5 years of our marriage, and our thoughts and feeling on our wedding day. It was such a special afternoon, one I won't soon forget.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is the most thoughtful thing ever and had me all teary! What a good guy you have there...will I ever get to meet him? ;)
So sweet!! What a nice husband.
VERY cool!
Post a Comment