While others made plans with loved ones for Valentine's Day, Ryan and I made a date with Potty Training. We picked Valentine's Day as our "start" date because we were using the 3daypottytraining.com method and Ryan had that following Monday off work. The 3 day method has you start by throwing away all diapers (don't worry, the garbage bag was a fresh one and the diapers are now magically in Charlie's closet). You are training for day AND day, no pull ups, no diapers, no crutch. Done and done.
Time to put on his Big Boy underwear!
Booty shake for Mommy :)
Ok, so here's the deal, it didn't "click" for Hudson until day 7, but we stuck with the "3" day method as both Ryan and I liked the theory behind it as well as the fact that you are training for day and night. It's been almost 4 weeks now and I would say that Hudson is 90% there. He doesn't always wake up dry in the morning, but he does make it through naps. With this method, you wake your kiddo up an hour after they go to sleep and an hour before they get up in the morning to go potty if they are not waking up dry through the night. After 3 weeks, Hudson finally went potty after waking him up an hour after bed, Ryan and I could have cried we were so happy the consistency paid off! We haven't been waking him up an hour before he normally wakes up though, I check him after Charlie's 3am feeding and try to take him then. Normally he just says "no, no, no" and I put him right back in bed. We still have the occasional accident during the day, but Hudson is doing awesome and I'm so proud of him. I can honestly say that potty training has been one of the hardest things I have done in my life, but I know it will be worth it in the end!

1 comments:
nice booty shake!
Post a Comment