Thursday, March 12, 2009

Half A Year

Really, how could it be?? How is Charlotte half a year?? Can 6 months really be down and I only have 6 more months until she's ONE?!?! Of course she is becoming more and more fun and alive everyday and I do truly enjoy that. I knew that time went in warp speed after having kids, but I didn't realize that warp speed DOUBLED for every kid you had. I can't imagine what time will be like if we decide to have another baby, it's unthinkable!! At her 6 month appointment today, Charlie weighed in at 17 lbs 9 oz (80%) and is 26-3/4" long(90%). Here are some things that Charlie is up to that I haven't listed in previous postings:


  • Solid roller from front to back, back to front, all over the room...watch out!
  • Sitting up
  • Babbling "dada", which I'm in a fight with her about, especially since Hudson's first word was Dad. And I know it's just babbling, but come on, where's the love for the "mama"
  • Tucking her legs under briefly in an attempt to crawl, but instead pushes herself backwards
  • Sleeping partially unswaddled. Both my kids were BIG on swaddling. I didn't get Hudson out of his swaddle blanket until he was nearly 6 months as well. Hey, if they sleep better in it, I'm not messing with it!! Anyhoo, she has an arm free, I'm working on both ;)
  • Is sleeping from 7:30pm until between 3:30-4:30am giving Mommy a nice stretch of almost 5-1/2 hours of straight sleep, ahhhhh!
Just to prepare you, some of the most adorable pictures you have ever seen are coming up. So adorable in fact that Ryan told Charlie we were going to have to "ugly her up". Poor Daddy, already freaking out about boys!





Are we in trouble or what!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am going to have to nibble those cheeks! How is she already 6 months old? That went way too fast.

The Zdeneks said...

I can't believe that Charlie is NOW 7 months old!!! Slow time down!! She is too stinkin cute and growing up so fast!! xoxo