I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year with the intention that I would learn how to make my Mom's stuffing and the turkey. Truth be told, my mom ended up doing it! My sister got into town Wednesday evening, so I had her there bright and early Thursday morning as well. Before putting the bird in the oven, I showed it to Hudson so he could see that we really were getting our revenge on the "Bad Turkey" that bit his lip (see posting in October titled Remlinger Farms). Hudson looked at the turkey for a bit before saying "He's in trouble". It was HYSTERICAL!! Between my mom, sister, and I, we had dinner in the oven, crockpot, or on the stove by 10:30am! Funny how it takes all day to prepare a meal that is eaten in minutes and leaves the kitchen looking like a tornado hit it. Dinner was fabulous though, one of my favorites that I look forward to every year.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Thanksgiving
The next day, black Friday, my mom, sister-in-law, sister, and I all braved the crowds and went Christmas shopping. I have never attempted this before, but was glad that I did. I was able to get my nieces, nephews, some of the adults, all of Hudson's birthday and Christmas presents done!! We were out from 7am until 5pm!
We didn't take very many pictures on Thanksgiving, but we did finally get a shot of all 6 grandkids!
What a good looking bunch!
Posted by Hilary at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment