Sunday, April 13, 2008

Seeds of Compassion


I had the privilege of hearing The Dalai Lama speak in Seattle yesterday. It happened to be a beautiful day here yesterday (nearly 85 degrees!) which was incredible as the event was outside at Qwest Field. The topic of discussion was Seeds of Compassion and he spoke about the hope for the next generation of children which hit very close to home as a mom raising children is this crazy world. His hopes are for a more compassionate world in which we can live in without violence. You can visit this link to see footage from yesterday: http://www.king5.com/news/seedsofcompassion/stories/NW_041308SOC_dalai_lama_sunday_SW.5dd7342c.html
Towards the end, several Seeds of Compassion Youth Ambassadors (I would say ages ranging from 13-18) spoke briefly about what compassion meant to them and their commitment towards being compassionate. It was very moving to hear these children be so insightful and optimistic. If you ever get the chance to hear The Dalai Lama speak, I would strongly recommend it.

Waving goodbye to the 50,000 in attendance at Qwest Field

I wanted to take him home in my pocket, he was adorable!

0 comments: