Friday, March 21, 2008

Regaining Sanity

I just realized I have yet to mention something that is such a big part of my (and Hudson's) life and thought I would take the time to do that now. Long story long...many of you know that I am really into fitness and working out. For me, it's my stress release, my way of getting a grip back on reality. Last June, as Hudson was approaching turning 6 months old, I was finding it harder and harder to deal with my stress from being a new mom and working from home. I hadn't found a mom's group as I really didn't think I had the time to join one, wasn't working out, and was about to lose my mind. My friend Molly told me I should come to Stroller Strides with her and that's what I did. Stroller Strides is a way for mom's to take an hour for themselves, their health, and to workout with your baby or babies while in their stroller. I instantly took a liking to it and the other moms that I was meeting. What a great concept for moms that are looking to get back to their pre-pregnancy form or to stay in shape, meet other moms, and have your child or children interact with other children. We have other fun events too like a monthly Mom's Night Out, Book Club, and Play Dates for the kids. After raving about Stroller Strides to my sister, she started doing it in Portland after her second baby was born. I even have a girlfriend in Arizona and one in California that both started after their babies were born. I should be a spokeswoman! Check out the website for more info: http://strollerstrides.com/ and if you live local here is our group: http://classes.strollerstrides.net/lynnwood/location/index.aspx
I can honestly say that adding exercise back into my life has helped me regain my sanity so that I can be a better mom!!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Amen, sister!

Emily said...

Hil, you little go-getter! Working out even when your pregnant? Geez!

Natalie said...

Yeah, I love it !!

The Zdeneks said...

I'm so glad you joined!!! Yay for working out and gabbing with friends.