Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bump Progress (and a fun comparison)

I had my 38 week appointment this morning and Baby Girl is making some progress. I'm a full 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and she's back at a -2 Station. I told my Dr. to go ahead and do a Foley Balloon catheter and I would see her in a couple of hours. She said I needed to wait at least a week for that (good to know that she would induce at 39 weeks though, haha!). My thinking was that Baby Girl would come today if we did the Foley Balloon and give my parent's a few days with her before getting on their cruise boat. Oh well, guess I'll just need to continue to sit with my legs crossed for 10 more days. For those that don't know my birth story with Hudson, we did a Foley Balloon catheter with him when he was 4 days late with the intention of ripening my cervix enough to induce with pitocin the next morning. With Hudson I wasn't dilated at all and stayed at 50% effaced from 36 weeks on. The Foley Balloon worked like a charm for me though and I went into labor on my own the same day. Once labor really got going with Hudson, it was 5 hours start to finish, no drugs. The expectation with baby #2 is the same, if not faster, so already being 2 cm dilated makes me a little nervous as I don't want to be one of those women you hear about on the news delivering in her car. Ryan and I are fully prepared though and ready to head to the hospital immediately. I'm officially ready to declare out loud that I'm done with this pregnancy stuff and ready to not be sleeping at night because Baby Girl needs me to feed her not because I'm so uncomfortable and itchy that I may just flip out. There, it's out there, I've said it!! Now comes the part where I see how far my patience really can go ;)

38 weeks with Baby Girl

38 weeks with Hudson

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Be careful what you wish for! :)

Sounds like she wants to make an appearance really soon! I hope she hangs in there!

If you need any help with Hudson, just holler.

Natalie said...

I can't believe you are getting so close. I am so excited for you!! Hopefully she will stay in until your parents get back :)

Marla said...

love the picture... i know that fear of delivering on the freeway... i was convinced both my boys would be... i'm in s. everett delivered at Overlake... when my water broke with Charlie any my contractions were 5 minutes apart I was FREAKED!!! remember Ben came in 2 hours from first contraction to birth... and Doc said this one would be faster... we made it... obviously :)