Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Friend Krissy

Krissy and I met second semester in college our freshman year. We quickly become close friends and throughout our colleges years worked 2 different jobs together and lived together. After I got married Krissy and I lost touch for a few years (you're still in the doghouse Missy!). Before Hudson was born I would send out weekly updates and I still included Krissy in the emails even though I had no idea if she was getting them or not. Around week 38 or 39 of my pregnancy with Hudson I finally heard back from Krissy after almost 2 years of not talking. I read her email probably 3 or 4 times in a row, completely shocked, excited, and very emotional. It basically told me that she was married, had a baby girl (Izzy), and was moving to Seattle. And not just anywhere in Seattle, Bothell of all places. I quickly did a mapquest of the address she was going to be living at and low and behold, it was 4 miles from my house!! What are the chances?!?! Since then, a few other amazing things have transpired including our husbands working together since last April and us getting pregnant with baby #2 at the same time. I'm so happy to have my friend back and love that we are raising our kids together. Hudson and Izzy are 5-1/2 months apart and Zoie and Baby Girl will be 2-1/2 months apart (both Krissy's girls are older). Thanks for 13 years of memories Krissy...here's to many, many more!


Izzy and Hudson's first Halloween

Our weekend trip to Glacier for New Year's Eve

I found out I was pregnant on the way Glacier, I couldn't wait to tell Krissy who was already 3 months along herself!
3 days before Krissy's C-Section with #2

Welcome Zoie! She was born June 12 (I'm a little behind, haha!)

I never would have thought 13 years ago this is where Krissy and I would be!
Izzy and Hudson spending their second 4th of July together

2 comments:

Marla said...

this is an awesome story... isn't it great when things like this happen?

Krissy said...

I LOVE YOU HIL!!!