Monday, August 18, 2008

Bump Progress

I'm 37 weeks along, well, 37-1/2 if you want to get technical ;) At my last appointment I was dilated almost 2 cm, however, Baby Girl is no longer sitting at a -2 station. My Dr. jokingly said "She's no longer engaged". We had a good laugh and I'm actually fine with her being higher up. My sister is gone on her Alaska cruise this week and my parent's leave on their Alaska cruise this Sunday, eek! She needs to stay put for 13 more days, that's not that long in the scheme of things. You can do it Little Miss!! Hudson and I had pictures taken together this morning and they turned out really cute! I missed the boat on having portraits done while pregnant with Hudson, so I wanted to make sure to get them done this time around. Hudson did exactly what he was supposed too and kissed and hugged my belly right on cue. We have been having ridiculous heat (90's) and with no air conditioning I have been a sweaty mess. Only in Seattle though would it go from that to 60 and raining, which is what it is doing today and I am LOVING the break!

6 comments:

Marla said...

Charlie did hte same thing to me... but I made the mistake of walking too much and pushing on the top of my stomach when I should have just been chill... my mom swears I pushed him out because my water broke shortly after :) can't wait to see pictures

The Zdeneks said...

Hold on tight baby girl!!!! Hilary you look beautiful and I can't wait to meet the little one!

Marcy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcy said...

sorry that delete was me-oops!

I just have to laugh here and share my story. I was so sure that Leda (you know, MY #2) wouldn't come early (Spencer was 12 days late, induced, right?) and so I told Carrie and Philip to go ahead and go on their cruise for 3 days. She really wanted to be at the birth (I too wanted her there) and really didn't want to miss it. She even went with me to my doctors appointment to ask whether she should go on her cruise. My doctor even agreed I shouldn't go into labor. But sure enough, while Carrie was on her cruise (day 1.5) my water broke 2 weeks early! Not only did Carrie miss the birth, but she didn't even know she had a niece until she docked on day 3! lol...no service out on the ocean! She was sooo dissapointed. During the birth I kept thinking, "I can't belive Carrie's missing this, she's gonna be ticked!" lol

But if course I'm hoping baby girl holds on for you. You look absolutely ALL baby and as cute as ever. I'm so excited for you. EEEK!

Emily said...

Wow! That's a lot of family leaving right now! I hope little Miss. Storey waits for their return! You look fantastic!!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Charlie for hanging in there until Auntie got off the boat...now just hang on for grandma :)Hil you look great, hang in there!!